"How We Ship" Interviews
Shipping great software is hard. One way to make it a little easier is to steal good ideas from other people.
We're interviewing teams to learn how their shipping process works and sharing the results so you can benefit. Our goal is help you learn from what's working and what isn't. Interested in being interviewed? Hit us up!
Kareem Mayan, Partner
- Codetree makes Lightweight project management for teams that use GitHub issues
- 4 person dev team building a CRUD app.
- Methodology: "Pragmatic and focused on shipping"
- Read how Codetree ships here →
Gordon Worley, Head of Operations
- AdStage connects marketers to the data they need to analyze, automate, and report on their ad campaigns.
- 15 person dev team building a paid advertising management, automation, and analytics platform.
- Methodology: Focused on "high trust, empathy, technical skill, alignment, and communication"
- Read how AdStage ships here →
Andrew Draper, Co-Founder and Head of Product
- Allay provides major savings on your company's health plans
- 5 person team building product for an old-school industry with complex rules.
- Methodology: "Realistically business-focused"
- Read how Allay ships here →
Hector Castro, VP Engineering
- Azavea builds advanced geospatial technology and does research for civic and social impact
- 30 person team split between professional services projects, products and open source work.
- Methodology: "Something that works pretty well for projects, and products we are still trying to get better at."
- Read how Azavea ships here →
James Gill, CEO
- GoSquared builds software for small and medium sized online businesses to help them grow
- 7 person team
- Methodology: "As agile as possible"
- Read how GoSquared ships here →
Piotrek Koszuliński, Lead Dev on CKEditor 5
- CKEditor is a rich-text editor for the web that's been downloaded over 18 million times.
- 10 person team
- Methodology: “Non-Dogmatic Agile”
- Read how CKSource ships here →
Bruce Alderson, CTO
- LemonStand is a refreshingly customizable online retail platform for web developers, agencies and fast growing brands.
- 15 person team
- Methodology: “Little-A-agile"
- Read how LemonStand ships here →
Simon Stanlake, former CTO
- Hootsuite helps you manage all your social accounts in a single place.
- Scaled team from 8-125 people and $0-$50 million in revenue
- Methodology: "Non-dogmatic Agile"
- Read how Hootsuite shipped when Simon was CTO →
Travis Kimmel, CEO
- GitPrime helps engineering managers see their team's work more clearly and understand software developer productivity.
- 12 person team spread across five timezones
- Methodology: "Punctuated Delivery"
- Read how GitPrime ships →